Friday, March 11, 2011

Juke Joints, The Blues, and a 5K or 8K Run


Interested in running a 5k (3.1 miles) or an 8k (4.97 miles)? My hometown, Clarksdale, will be having an annual blues festival the third weekend in April. Juke Joint Festival is a fun time to relax and walk around with your friends in downtown Clarksdale while listening to bands on street corners play blues music. One thing that I look forward to the most during the weekend of events is the run. I plan to do the 8k and many of my friends from Mississippi State are coming to run this race as well. After running in races, I find myself more motivated to run because I surround myself with other fit individuals. I encourage you to come join us in the Juke Joint Run! Copy and paste this link in your browser for more details and if you want to sign up for the run http://www.jukejointfestival.com/5k_form.pdf . This race is a great new goal to work towards during the next few weeks. A list of all the events that will take place during the weekend can be found here http://www.jukejointfestival.com/fest_events.php . Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment